Work in progress: collection of some of the on-line prayer and spirituality resources to which I turn most often.
- St. Bede’s Breviary A site to lead you through the Daily Office (Morning, Noon, and Evening Prayer, and Compline) from the Book of Common Prayer. Includes the Scripture readings and can be customized to your preferences for Rite 1 or Rite 2, along with several other options.
- Brother, Give us a Word Brief spiritual reflections from the monastery of St. John the Evangelist in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Sermons and longer reflections can be found here.
- Episcopal Daily Office Online
- Daily Devotions from Forward Movement, based on the ‘Daily Devotions for Individuals and Families’ on pp. 136 – 140 of the Book of Common Prayer. These cover Morning, Noon, Evening, and Night, and the site defaults to whatever time of day it is when you access it. Forward Movement also carries daily links to Forward Day by Day and other devotional material here.
- Pray As You Go Audio files (.mp3) of daily Scripture reading and reflection with music. Approximately 10 minutes apiece. Includes an option for guided evening reflection on the events of your day.
- Sacred Space On-screen prayer, Scripture, and reflection. No music.
- Oremus, daily prayer and prayer resources
- Here are links to the brochures on Centering Prayer and Lectio Divina put out by Father Thomas Keating’s organization, Contemplative Outreach.